Sunday 14 October 2007

Damn, damn, damn

I seem to be having one senior moment after another these days...

I found some lovely harvest-like yarn for my sock pal - in a quality yarn that I think she'll like. I buy it. It arrives at my home. I unwrap it. It has no label, but no problem I've bought lots of yarn from this source before, and because it is a relatively young company, yarn labels may or may not always be available. All okay so far...

Problem is it's now two weeks later. I've got my nostepinne in hand to wind it, and suddenly I'm no longer certain what it is. This lady only sells high-end yarns, so it isn't any crap (no worries there). But is it pure cashmere? Or cashmere and merino? Or even lambswool, Angora and cashmere? I'm fairly certain it's not cashmere and silk because I've bought that from her in the past and she sells it in smaller skeins. Argghhh... I'm off to her website again to try to identify my yarn by a process of elimination.

Stupid, stupid, stupid... ~headdesk~

2 comments:

PlazaJen said...

Hmmmm. That sounds like a bad situation. You should just send that yarn to me.


;) Hee hee! I hope you figure out what it is!

TussahSilk said...

Ha! Not likely my girl... I HAVE found out what it is, but I shan't say. ALthough this isn't a secret swap, and Jennifer and I email each other, I've got to leave some kind of a surprise, no? I've deliberately not shown this yarn in my Ravelry stash... ~waggling eyebrows~