Monday 5 April 2010

Travel Bug

I love this little widget showing places you've been in the world:



Not bad, but I have whole swathes of Africa and South America that I haven't visited, and the picture is too small to really see the Caribbean countries.

On the knitting front, I've been trying to knit a rather beautiful pattern called Misty Blossom for a while. That pattern has been kicking my butt all over the place. I've had to rip back hours of work when I finally noticed horrendous and very visible errors several centimetres back. After much gnashing of teeth, and some advice from Ravelry folks, I laid it aside and started working on another lace project. This time, Woodland Shawl is going a lot better and faster. I think this is because it is a repeating pattern. On advice, I'm not using stitch markers, and I haven't used a life line. This last is contrary to all advice, but I found that when I put in the life line, I spent two hours knitting and tinking the row above the life line. I became so disgusted with this that I took out the life line, and guess what, no more problems! Whilst this may work for my current project, I will be using life lines when I go back to Misty Blossom. I'm just waiting for some Enchante yarn in Glasshouse to arrive. [Mini rant: I hate it when people advertise that they have something on their website, when they don't, and then take your money for it... that's all I'm saying]

No comments: