Saturday 30 June 2007

And They're Off!

Well, the first clue for MS3 was issued a little earlier than expected yesterday and people are knitting feverishly around the world. Just as I had printed it out a friend came to visit, so I wasn't able to pore over the chart at my leisure as I'd planned to do that afternoon. Around five hours later, I logged on to the MS3 group to check whether anyone had posted any clever last minute tips only to find someone saying that they'd already finished the first clue! Thank goodness it's not a race... I'm a pretty slow knitter, so I'm only just at the beginning of chart B (~row 57). I'm using beads, and that slows me down even further, but they are looking pretty; they're rather subtle actually. Here's a picture of my progress so far...
Hmmm, based on this picture the beads may be a little too subtle. What do you think?

2 comments:

Iris G said...

The lace is so pretty, but I can't see the beads?

TussahSilk said...

That is exactly the problem, Iris. They ARE there, all along the edge, but they are virtually invisible. As they say on Mastermind "I've started, so I'll finish"... I'll continue to put the beads in. Maybe when the whole thing is finished and blocked, the subtle glimmer will be a little less subtle!