Monday 25 June 2007

Kindness of friends

I have recently had a major operation which has meant that I am off work for several weeks. The nature of the operation has had me house bound for several weeks already, and being pretty limited about the things I can do for myself. It is at times like these that the people whom you least expect step up to the plate to help you. For example, a male work colleague whom I don't know very well, but who lives in my area has volunteered to do small local jobs for me; another friend from my previous company has visited several times to help me with household chores; the ladies of the book club has been keeping me stocked with great books; and the nicest thing of all...



I received a care package from one of my oldest friends. It was so unexpected! I saw the card last, so I had no idea who it was from, but as I removed each item from the parcel, I kept saying to myself "Whomever sent this REALLY knows me!" A couple of things are missing from this photo - Heat and O (Oprah) magazines, and the chocolate which was scoffed in double quick time! I have great friends, and I don't mind saying so...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello! I "found" you via Ravelry and I came to say Welcome to Blogging! It's addictive. You have been warned! :)